16.3 C
State of Tripura
Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Serpent Rock Discovery Revives Raima Saima Sacred Legend

A serpent-shaped rock discovered in Ganacherra’s Bhagirathpara...

Report on Tripura’s financial health suggests TTAADC to tax country-liquor, rubber

Investigative study urges TTAADC to introduce liquor,...

Tripura CM says engineers key to state transformation

Tripura Chief Minister Dr. Manik Saha says...

Death toll in Hawaii wildfire touches 67

Tripura Net
Tripura Net
www.tripuranet.com is a daily news, news article, feature, public opinion, articles, photographs, videos etc –all in digital format- based website meant to disseminate unbiased information as far possible as accurate.

Must Read

The death toll due to the Hawaii wildfires has touched 67, making it one of the deadliest natural disasters in the history of the region.

Hundreds of people are still missing.

Authorities feel the death toll may rise in the upcoming days.

It comes as some Lahaina residents are being allowed to briefly return home on Friday to take stock of the damage to their fire-ravaged town, reports BBC.

They returned to the region amid warnings that they would be greeted by destruction like theyve not ever seen in their lives.

For the first time, state officials on Friday reopened Lahaina to people with proof of residency since the region was swept by fire.

People who had been evacuated with only the clothes on their backs told the BBC they were concerned it may be hard to prove their residency.

Search crews are still searching for wildfire victims in West Maui.

The region is still without power and water.

Gabe Lucy, who owns a tour operator on Maui, told the BBC that he was hearing of horrific scenes.

People were jumping in the water and I think for a lot of them the fire wrapped around so quick that the only way to escape was go down to the waters edge, said Lucy, whose captains were called in to help rescue people.

One family told the BBC they had stayed in Lahaina through the worst of the fire, only leaving on Thursday to buy much-needed supplies.

Their house was still standing, but they have been sitting in the dark.

The family told the BBC they believed the number of confirmed dead, though already high, would rise further.

On our street alone its 50 people, one family member told BBC.

- Advertisement -
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img

Latest News

Congress launches Lok Bhawan Abhiyan over MGNREGA Row

Tripura Pradesh Congress launches Lok Bhawan Abhiyan protesting Centre’s move to rename MGNREGA. PCC leaders allege attack on rural...