Netanyahu and Trump agreed that any future agreement with Iran must completely eliminate nuclear threats by dismantling enrichment facilities and removing enriched uranium. Rubio also confirmed diplomatic progress on the Strait of Hormuz, raising hopes for renewed international stability and security cooperation.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced on Sunday that he and US President Donald Trump have reached a clear understanding that any future agreement with Iran must completely eliminate the possibility of Tehran developing nuclear weapons.
The statement came after a conversation between the two leaders regarding ongoing diplomatic efforts surrounding Iran’s nuclear program and developments linked to the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s most strategically significant maritime trade routes.
According to Netanyahu, both leaders agreed that any final arrangement with Iran must include the dismantling of nuclear enrichment facilities and the removal of enriched nuclear material from Iranian territory. He stressed that Israel’s policy remains firm and unchanged regarding Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.
In a message posted on social media platform X, Netanyahu said he had spoken with Trump about the memorandum of understanding connected to reopening and stabilizing activities around the Strait of Hormuz, along with negotiations aimed at reaching a broader agreement on Iran’s nuclear program.
The Israeli Prime Minister also praised Trump for what he described as an unwavering commitment to Israel’s security interests. Netanyahu referred to recent military cooperation between Israeli and American forces during operations identified as “Operation Roaring Lion” and “Epic Fury,” claiming that both countries worked closely together against threats linked to Iran.
Netanyahu further stated that Trump reaffirmed Israel’s right to defend itself against regional security threats, including challenges emerging from Lebanon. He described the partnership between Washington and Tel Aviv as stronger than ever, particularly after recent military coordination.
“My policy, like President Trump’s, remains unchanged: Iran will not have nuclear weapons,” Netanyahu emphasized while outlining Israel’s long-standing security position.
Meanwhile, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio indicated that diplomatic efforts involving Washington and Tehran have recently shown encouraging progress. Speaking during a joint press conference in New Delhi alongside Indian External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar, Rubio suggested that important developments regarding the Strait of Hormuz could emerge within hours.
Rubio said there was a possibility that the international community could soon receive positive news connected to negotiations over maritime security and broader diplomatic efforts. However, he cautioned that discussions were still ongoing and additional work remained before any breakthrough could be finalized.
The US Secretary of State reiterated President Trump’s position that Iran must never be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon. He noted that progress had been made through diplomatic channels but stressed that negotiations were still at a sensitive stage.
The renewed focus on Iran’s nuclear activities comes amid heightened geopolitical tensions in the Middle East, where concerns over regional security, energy supply routes, and military escalation continue to influence international diplomacy. The Strait of Hormuz remains especially important because a significant portion of global oil shipments passes through the narrow waterway, making stability in the region critical for international markets.
| Also Read: Bangladesh Measles Crisis Claims 528 Lives Amid Vaccine Shortage |
Observers believe that coordinated messaging from Washington and Tel Aviv signals a tougher joint stance toward Tehran as diplomatic talks continue under intense global scrutiny.







