In an unprecedented display of anger for relentless Hindu persecutions in Bangladesh angry protesters, about 100, belonging to ‘Hindu Sangharsh Samiti’, an affiliate to VHP on Monday stormed the Bangladesh Assistant High Commission premise near circuit house.
—
DEVELOPMENT AT NIGHT : Following the incident massive diplomatic fall out came on the card and both India and Bangladesh governments came out strongly worded condemnation, and late at night state government took punitive actions against four police officers for their inaction and negligence during the incident. While Assistant Commandant Kanti Nath Ghosh has been closed, three sub inspectors Dilu Jamatia, Debabrata Sinha and Joynal Hossain were put under suspension. At night sveral raids were made and some involved in the incident were arrested. Chief Minister Dr Manik Saha also condemned the incident and said while anyone can protest peacefully storming of diplomatic mission is unacceptable.
—–
The protesters also also submitted a memorandum to the AHC, urging the caretaker government to stop atrocities on the Hindu community and protect their lives and properties.
Such an incident was first in the history of the state when the Bangladeshi diplomatic mission had been targeted.
Tripura always happened to be the state which always held Bangladesh close to its heart and once in 1971 contributed Bangladesh Liberation greatly. It was here that Bangladeshi refugees outnumbered the local people- a history of sort in the annals of history.
‘Hindu Sangharsh Samiti’ leader Sankar Roy said that the attacks on the lives and properties of Hindus in Bangladesh became a daily affair in the neighbouring nation and the security forces remained a silent spectator.
“During the 1971 Bangladesh liberation war, thousands of Hindus fighting the war sacrificed their lives and eventually, after the country became a sovereign nation, people of the Hindu community contributed a lot to the development of the country,” Roy told the media.
The ‘Hindu Sangharsh Samiti’ in its memorandum said that it also urged the International Human Rights Commission, United Nations as well as other nations to intervene in the Bangladesh situation and stop atrocities against Hindus.
There were angry protests in various parts of the state for the last few days while various organisations, Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha, Leader of Opposition Jitendra Chowdhury, former minister and senior Congress leader Birajit Sinha separately urged the Bangladesh government to stop atrocities on Hindu minorities.
Meanwhile, one of the largest private healthcare facilities in Agartala, has decided to stop services for Bangladeshi patients following protests by some local activists over atrocities against minorities in Bangladesh and reported disrespect of India’s national flag.
Responding to the protests, the Chief Operating Officer of the private hospital, also announced the closure of the hospital’s Bangladesh desk.
After a private hospital in Kolkata announced not to provide medical treatment to the patients from Bangladesh over reported attacks on minorities and disrespect to the Indian flag, a multi-specialty private hospital in Agartala also followed suit.
An executive of the private hospital in Agartala on Sunday said that they consider the dignity and respect of India first and also the inhuman atrocities of the minorities in Bangladesh can not be ignored.
The Agartala hospital’s decision follows a similar move by a private hospital in Kolkata which recently announced it would discontinue medical treatment to Bangladeshi patients over the same issue.